We’ve teamed up with Music Is My Sanctuary to present the second edition of the Art Of The Mixtape project. The Prize: win a trip (see details below) to this year’s Dimensions Festival.
In order to win, you must submit a mixtape that you yourself have created, which will then be judged by a panel of experts who will pick the winner. The idea of this competition is to get back to the purest form and definition of the “mixtape”. We want the focus of your mix to be on storytelling and selection rather than technical wizardry.
This year we want to celebrate your favourite male and female artists and producers. We ask that each mix contains an equal split of music from both female and male artists and producers. Educate us and highlight the best music in your collection!
Send us your hand-crafted mix and make it yours: as eclectic, weird, experimental, wild, or deep as you want.
Deadline for entries is July 8th, 2018
We are asking for anyone with a passion for creating mixtapes to submit a mix with a minimum length of 60 minutes. This does not have to be mixed in a DJ capacity, although it can’t hurt your chances! The focus is on interesting musical choices and the sequencing of music. Maybe you have been collecting records, tapes, field recordings, or even youtube rips for your own listening pleasure? We would love this project to be a way for you to present some of your favourite music in an interesting and creative way while still adhering to the guidelines.
– Entrants will be judged on song curation, originality, and creativity.
– Mixes must contain an equal split of music from both female and male artists and producers.
– The judging will be undertaken by Dimensions Festival and Music Is My Sanctuary.
– First Place Winner will be flown (€250 flight contribution) to Dimensions Festival, have full access to the festival, and have their accommodation covered.
– If the winner happens to be a DJ we will provide a set at the Festival (stage will be determined by Dimensions Festival programming team)
– Second Place Winner will win a ticket to Dimensions Festival.
– Further Runner ups will win records from our partner labels.
** If you are an artist that is already playing at Dimensions, you will win two Guest List tickets to a boat party of your choice.
HOW TO ENTER
– Record a mixtape 60 minutes in length (minimum) and upload to Mixcloud.
– Name the mix Art Of The Mixtape: Your Mixtape Title
– Tag your mix with #ArtOfTheMixtape. If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed.
– Add the full track listing in the typical Mixcloud format: Track Number – Artist – Track Title
– Send us a link to your mix at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Art Of The Mixtape: Your Mixtape Title”. Feel free to send artwork to this email address, and if you would like to send a physical copy we will reply with our mailing address.